Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Holy Long Time, No See Batman!

Wow, it's been MONTHS since I last posted anything! I'm sitting here at work bored to death...not because I don't have anything to do, I just don't have anything that I want to do. I'm excited about my new house. I signed all of the paperwork yesterday, and I'm just waiting from my Realtor to call me so that I can get my keys.

I must say that I've been very lucky with this purchase. I have lived in my old house for over ten years...the longest I've EVER lived in any house. Earlier this year homes in my neighborhood were selling for $60-70 thousand, so I was upside-down on my loan. I checked prices out again in August and noticed that they had doubled, so I decided to try selling. I found an excellent Realtor, she came over, took pictures, put the house up on the MLS listing and the very next day I had an offer for the full asking price! I couldn't believe it.

It took several weeks to find my new house, but I'm very pleased. It's an older home...built in 1976, but the previous owners have done all of the expensive remodel work: custom cabinets, granite counter tops, real wood flooring, tiled shower, etc. I love it! It's about 500 sq. ft. larger than my old house, but still three bedrooms. There are a few things that I'll eventually change in the house, like repaint the yellow family room, but there really isn't anything that sticks out as needing immediate attention. The best part of this house is the fact that I actually have a back yard! If you know the Las Vegas area, you understand what I mean. Land is a premium here, and in many cases, your back yard is more like a tiny square of land with dirt or rocks. This yard actually has grass! My dogs will be so happy.

I'm moving in tomorrow, and then on Thursday I'm off to China for a few days for work. Am I crazy? Yes...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds pretty awesome. Do we get pictures of the new home?

Trev said...

Where in China? It wouldn't happen to be anywhere in "Manchuria" (东北), would it?

James said...

I'll put up pics soon...still unpacking, plus I'm doing a little bit of remodeling (new light fixtures, doors, etc.)

I was in Beijing at the China National Convention Center, it's right next to the Bird's Nest and the Water Cube in the Olympic Park.